Friday, November 12, 2010

Dang! It has been a heck of a long time since I have blogged. Well.. I'm going to see if I can start up again. I got a new job that will allow me more time to do things like this.. so we'll have to see how it goes :).
I have been thinking about Psalm 86:11 a lot lately.
"Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name." I love that! Some other versions say "give me an undivided heart so that I may fear your name." Jesus, that is my prayer for the rest of my life. That I would have an undivided heart, that my King alone would have my heart, my desires, my passions, my joys. EVEYTHING. So, that is why I decided to change the title of this blog.
As I was praying that this morning, this song "One pure and holy passion" came into my head. This is my prayer..

"Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you
To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your disciple in the truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you"


No comments:

Post a Comment