Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Divine Revelation

Have you ever had an experience reading the bible and the light bulb in your head turns on? A concept that you have known intellectually for years, but finally it makes sense. For example, a concept like being a new creation in Christ. I have heard tons of messages and have had discussions over the issue.. I could quote verse after verse about it. But one day, its almost like God opens my eyes and lets me see my identity in Christ in a whole new way. Then I want to go run and tell everyone but yet I can't explain it, I can't explain the difference that has occurred.
Since I have been a christian for along time, its easy for me to believe that some how I understand who God is. But I realize that I intellectually know who God is, but have not come close to REALLY KNOWING God. I have found that the closer I get to knowing Christ, the more I realize how far I really am. Will I ever get a grasp of who God is? Of the love that surpasses knowledge? Of the undeserved grace that he constantly pours out on me? The concept that I am a new creation in Christ? That all my sins were nailed on the cross? That my old self was crucified with him on the cross 2000 years ago? That in Christ, all the fullness of God dwells? That I have the spirit that raised Christ from the dead living inside of me?
I know that I am a christian. There is nothing that someone could do to convince me that I am not. Why is that? Because the Spirit revealed it to me, and there is something in me that could not believe otherwise. What about these other truths?
I need divine revelation! I need the Holy Spirit to reveal concepts and things that I intellectually have known for years, but have not fully grasped in order for it to change me. God gave us His Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. To open up our eyes so that we can see Him as He really is.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." John 14:25

"I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie- just as it has taught you, abide in him." 1 John 2:26-27

"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth." John 16:13

Don't you sometimes wish that there was a formula to knowing God? That he could of told us to do this plus this.. and then we can understand Him? But God is not a God who uses formulas. He is a God who longs to have a relationship with us. How badly do we want it?

"My son, IF you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understand; yes, IF you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, IF you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, THEN you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:1-6

Here is a quote that I wrote down in my journal a few months ago, not sure where its from but it kind of relates..

"Jesus defines the realm of eternity as touching God in the Spirit. This is not some second-rate event for weak people who need experience to increase their faith-- the experiential knowledge of God is the foundation, the basis, the rock of our faith.. Every founder of faith encountered something of the Spirit that launched them in the realm of faith. They endured because they saw Him who is invisible. Paul prayed that the church of Ephesus would know the love of Christ which passes knowledge. How could they know something which passes knowledge? Yet Paul prayed it and God caused it to be recorded in His word, so it must be a real thing in the grace of God. Paul was talking about an experience with the love of God. Something that surpasses our human capacity to comprehend and process, something supernatural. He was talking about a mystical encounter with God through the Holy Spirit."
Lord, OPEN MY EYES, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law!!

No comments:

Post a Comment