Sunday, November 25, 2012

Now my eyes see you


Holy Spirit, I pray that you would give me a spirit of WISDOM and REVELATION in the knowledge of him, having the EYES OF MY HEART enlightened, that I MAY KNOW what is the HOPE to which he has called me, what are the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power towards me who believes, according to the working of His great might.
 The past 5 months, I have prayed Ephesians 1:17-19 over my life and over my church hundreds of times. ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!! Seriously guys.  The Holy Spirit is blowing me away!!!  He is completely reshaping everything that I have ever believed.  I LOVE DIVINE REVELATION!! I love how Job puts it in Job 42:5, "I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but NOW MY EYE SEES YOU." 
This morning, Brent Knox was talking about how badly we need the Holy Spirit.  We need Him to be our teacher.  We need Him to illuminate truth.  I could not agree more.  I have heard that the "greatest distance is 12 inches, the distance from our head to our heart".  It is easy to understand truth intellectually but how do we get it into our hearts so that it radically changes our lives??  I believe that its by allowing the Holy Spirit to be our teacher.  
So the next few blog posts, I am going to try to communicate what the Holy Spirit has been teaching me the past months.  It has been BLOWING MY MIND!  It has also produced so my JOY in my life.  He's been teaching me that my theology will get messed up if I walk closely to the Holy Spirit.  God will never do anything to violate His book, but He will violate your understanding of His book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment