Tuesday, September 15, 2009

to know the love of Christ..

“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith- that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is breadth and length and the height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” Eph 3:17-19

Strength to comprehend? Surpasses knowledge? That is so true and is also why non-Christians see our lives and think we are absolutely ridiculous. To get my mind around the love that God has for me is impossible. But with everything in me, I desire that Christ dwells in my heart and that I would be filled with the fullness of God. So what does that even mean? What does that look like?

Johnny Mac (John MacArther) comments on this passage “To be so strong spiritually, so compelled by divine love, that one is totally dominated by the Lord with nothing left of self. Human comprehension of the fullness of God is impossible, because even the most spiritual and wise believer cannot completely grasp the full extent of God’s attributes and characteristics- His power, majesty, wisdom, love, mercy, patience, kindness, and everything He is and does. But believers can experience the greatness of God in their lives as a result of total devotion to Him.”

What I do know is that when I can come to grip with the love of God and I am totally filled with His spirit and walking in it, then I can do Eph 3:20 ESV

“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.”

The NIV says “immeasurably more”. That’s crazy! If we could understand how to live according to the power within us.. then we can do things we couldn’t of even imagine.

“Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your day that you would not believe, even if you were told.” Habakkuk 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment