Thursday, January 22, 2009

What is Gods will for my life?

That is such a popular question amongst christians today, isn't it?  What is Gods will for my life?  What does he want me to do?  As I am about to graduate from college, along with a lot of my friends, and I hear that a lot, especially from friends back home. As I think about it, that's kind of a funny question for a christian to ask because, well, this life is not about you.  You're not the center of the world, Jesus is!  I am going through the "Experiencing God" workbook with Alex and it says,  "The proper question is, "What is Gods will?"  Once I know God's will, then we can adjust our lives around Him.  In other words, what is it God is purposing to accomplish where I am?  Once I know what God is doing, then I know what I need to do.  The focus needs to be on God, not on my life!"  We need to figure out what he is doing.  God's will is for you to know know and experience him through the advancement of his kingdom.  You need to center your life around that.  And his desire for people to come to know him is through the local church.  Commit your life to your local church and to the brothers and sisters there, lay down your life, and reach your city with the gospel.  That is Gods desire.  And when you do that, you shouldn't have to worry about a job, or a place to live.  Because God's will is that other people will come to know him, and he will take care of all the minor details.  

"My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.  I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.  For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.  Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these."  John 5:17,19-20

"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also.  If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him."  John 12:26

No comments:

Post a Comment